High-Performance Acrylates and Methacrylates Based on Renewable Raw Materials
Upholding the highest standards for safety and environment and adapting responsible chemistry practices are important challenges for formulators.
That's why Sartomer developed the SARBIO® product line of specialty acrylates and methacrylates based on renewable raw materials.
The SARBIO product line is committed to advancing green technologies while continuing to offer high-performance solutions for the UV/EB coatings, graphic arts and adhesives markets. The USDA has designated SARBIO UV resins as Certified Biobased Products, which confirms that they meet or exceed the agency's standards for renewable biobased content.
The SARBIO line uses materials derived in whole or in significant part from renewable agricultural or forestry products. SARBIO acrylate and methacrylate products are the first full line of (meth)acrylates for use in UV/EB curable coatings, inks and adhesives to earn this certification.
SARBIO products allow formulators to:
- Create systems for UV, EB, LED, peroxide and amine cure applications
- Develop innovative formulations with high technical performance
- Design new systems with increased Bio Renewable Carbon content
- Use for copolymerization (solution, emulsion, suspension) applications
Sartomer can assist you with the selection of the most effective SARBIO products to meet your formulation challenges.
SARBIO® Bio Renewable Carbon Oilgomer
Discover our full range of (meth)acrylate monomers and oligomers with guaranteed bio-sourced carbon content, based on BRC (Bio Renewable Carbon) measurement:
We offer you friendly-labelled and sustainable solutions with our SARBIO® range:
- Acrylates and methacrylates
- Functionality between 1 and 6
- Monomers and oligomers
- Guaranteed bio-sourced carbon content comprise between 10 and 85%
- Tg between -60 and 120°C
- Adhesives (structural adhesives, pressure sensitive adhesives, anaerobic adhesives)
- Litho and offset inks
- Chemical intermediates
- Pigment grinding
Automotive and transportation
Building and construction
- Additives for polymer concrete
- Adhesives and sealants
- Insulation / Roofing
Chemical and plastics industry
- Polymer synthesis
Packaging and Paper
- Flexible packaging
Paint, coatings and adhesives
- Inks and OPV
- Wood coating and vernishes
Construction adhesives and sealants