Arkema addresses importance of industry relationships at 2019 Western Coatings Show
Additionally, Richard Jenkins, the global group president for the Coating Resins business at Arkema, will be presenting a keynote address on the second day of the event:
- “Innovation in Relationships Between Coatings Companies, Suppliers and Co-Suppliers,” October 22 at 8:45 in Champagne 3/4
Jenkins will discuss how traditional relationships between companies are evolving from a classical buy-sell model across a firewall towards collaborative problem-solving by knowledgeable experts in real time.
“A strong product portfolio is critical to a company’s success, but we believe it is our strategic relationships with our customers that help us stay ahead of their needs and get new products and technologies to market more efficiently,” explained Eric Dumain, global marketing director for Coating Resins at Arkema. “At the Western Coatings Show, we want to showcase all of our strengths and meet with others to reinforce existing relationships and build new ones to better meet the needs of the industry.”
Arkema will be showcasing two products at the show that exemplify ongoing innovation:
- Encor® 601 latex for use in low VOC masonry coating applications. When properly formulated, this resin provides outstanding resistance to surfactant leaching, which helps reduce the likelihood of stain formation and other undesired effects in a finished coating.
- Vikoflex® 2200 bio-based coalescent for waterborne architectural and industrial coatings. It promotes excellent film formation at low temperatures, good gloss development, and other film properties such as block, scrub resistance and wet adhesion.
Multiple business units within Arkema serve the global coatings market and will be represented at the Western Coatings Show. Those attending include:
- Coating Resins, which produces a complete range of solutions based on aqueous polymer emulsions, opacifiers, aqueous or solvent-based alkyds and acrylics, oil free polyester resins, polyester polyols, powder polyester resins, and additives for solvent-based systems.
- Coatex® Rheology Modifiers, a global designer and producer of rheological solutions for aqueous formulations and waterborne processes.
- Sartomer® Photocure Resins, a leading global supplier of acrylate/methacrylate monomers, oligomers and other specialty chemicals.
- Oxygenes and Derivatives, a leading manufacturer of epoxidized vegetable oils, epoxidized olefins and specialty products.
Arkema will also be presenting two technical papers at the Western Coatings Show:
- "Non-Isocyanate Crosslinking Approaches for PVDF Topcoats," by Kurt Wood, Monday, October 21 at 9:40am in Champagne 3/4
- "Balancing Performance in Interior Waterborne Coatings," by Jeremy Grove, Ph.D, Monday, October 21 at 4:00pm in Champagne 1
To learn more, visit Arkema at the Western Coatings Show tabletop #508 or visit online at: https://ark.ma/western-coatings-symposium.
A designer of materials and innovative solutions, Arkema shapes materials and creates new uses that accelerate customer performance. Our balanced business portfolio spans high-performance materials, industrial specialties and coating solutions. Our globally recognized brands are ranked among the leaders in the markets we serve. Reporting annual sales of €8.8 billion ($10.4 billion) in 2018, we employ approximately 20,000 people worldwide and operate in close to 55 countries. We are committed to active engagement with all our stakeholders. Our research centers in North America, France and Asia concentrate on advances in bio-based products, new energies, water management, electronic solutions, lightweight materials and design, home efficiency and insulation. www.arkema.com
Encor® and Vikoflex® are registered trademarks of Arkema.