3D Printing Collaborative Innovation
Unlocking new opportunities in additive manufacturing is a collaborative effort that brings together technologies and expertise to identify needs and create comprehensive solutions along the product development process.
These close partnerships are at the heart of successful adoption of 3D printing on a mass manufacturing scale.
Centers of Excellence
Arkema operates 3D printing centers of excellence around the world that support UV curing, powder bed fusion and extrusion technologies, where internal experts work with customer partners to develop cutting-edge 3D printing solutions. These facilities enable global technical expertise to support innovative developments, as well as dedicated local R&D and technical collaboration.
Sartomer's 3D Printing Centers of Excellence, dedicated to UV-curable 3D printing, are located in Exton, PA, USA, and Verneuil, France. These advanced R&D labs provide Sartomer and its partners a collaborative space to perform innovative material research and develop custom resins designed for high performance end-applications.
Americas - Exton, PA, USA
- Dedicated wet chemistry labs for synthesis of new materials and formulation studies
- Advanced analytical and thermo-mechanical testing equipment allowing robust materials characterization
- Capability to address technical needs ranging from new molecules to customer end uses
- Suite of 3D printers of major photocure technologies (SLA, DLP, MJP) to support customer projects and use as development tools
- Potential to host additional printers for collaborative work
- A collaborative space for chemists and application engineers to work together to solve unmet material challenges of the industry
- An innovation hub for customer partnerships and joint project work
Europe - Verneuil, France
- Foster collaborations with partners in Europe
- Solve additive manufacturing material challenges
- Leverage strong synthesis, analytical and formulation capabilities
- Test material performance
- Develop high performance materials for a wide variety of applications and industries
Applications development center
In December of 2020, Arkema acquired Colorado Photopolymer Solutions (CPS), a company with strong technical expertise in photopolymer formulation. CPS’s recognized expertise in formulation and materials design, supported by strong innovation capabilities, will enable Sartomer to further support its customers and partners through an integrated offering of customized and formulated additive manufacturing solutions.
Global - Boulder, CO
Offering our customers broader expertise and state of the art formulation and material development
- Specializing in custom formulation and materials development support
- Capabilities for small scale manufacturing of formulated resins
- Library of in-house, cutting edge 3D printing hardware
- Access to new chemistries in 3D printing resin development
- Enabling faster product development cycle and time to market
Collaborative innovation and partnerships
Converting new applications to 3D Printing requires close collaboration with formulators, machine manufacturers, software editors and end users. Arkema is committed to collaborating with innovative companies and start-ups all along the value chain to enable the adoption of 3D printing in functional uses for mass manufacturing.
Partnering with Carbon to help scale new materials across numerous customer applications
Continuous Composites’ CF3D® technology and N3xtDimension® partner for UV-curable 3D printing of next generation composite materials
Collaborating with EnvisionTEC, a global developer of professional-grade 3D printing solutions, to develop E-Aquasol water-soluble resin for use on cDLM® 3D Printing platform
Enabling super-fast production of large, lightweight 3D-printed models with Massivit 3D, a pioneer of large format 3D printing solutions for visual communication
Collaborating with Paxis, a 3D printing innovator, to co- develop custom materials for Paxis’ WAV™ (Wave Applied Voxel) additive manufacturing process technology